Chief Financial Officer
Hagley Museum and Library seeks a Chief Financial Officer responsible for maintaining accurate records of all transactions pertaining to assets, liabilities, and fund balances. This role reports directly to the Executive Director and advises division and department heads in proper accounting methods and general business procedures to be used for all fiscal activities. Duties include monitoring all divisional/departmental financial transactions to insure maximum economy and fiscal responsibility; coordinating annual audit; and preparing and filing financial and benefits documents required under federal, state, and local regulations. Will advise Executive Director and Board of Trustees on all fiscal matters. Supervise Business Office, Events Department and Hagley Store personnel. Oversee operations of the Belin House Organic Cafe concession. Work with leasing agent to assure continued occupancy of all rental properties.
- Prepare Operating and Capital Improvements Budgets.
- Attend quarterly Audit and Finance Meetings, Organization and Compensation Committee and Board meetings.
- Prepare and distribute financial statements monthly and other reports as requested.
- Attend quarterly Investment Meetings and act on motions requiring the movements of funds. Assist in search for consultant by preparing RFP, consolidating replies and coordinating calls and meetings.
- Maintain the activity of the Endowment and Restricted Fund monthly; prepare related reports.
- Prepare financials for active grants and file reports or billings.
- Administer Hagley property, general liability and workers compensation insurance policies. Work with current provider to report and resolve incidents. Prepare annual renewal packet to insurer.
- Oversee self-funded medical group captive activity including premium reinsurance renewals. Attend bi-annual members meetings. Review 5500 tax filing.
- Responsible for pension coordination. Insure 5500 tax filing, non-discrimination testing and fee disclosures are prepared annually.
- Coordinate annual audit; provide documentation, prepare confirmations and provide general assistance to auditors.
- Select, evaluate, and directly supervise Business Office, Event staff and Hagley Store staff.
- Oversee operation of the Belin House Organic Cafe concession and catering in accordance with contract.
- Responsible for coordination of new leases and renewals for tenants.
- Treasurer for the Buck Road East Association.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, or related field, or equivalent experience. Minimum five years of managerial work experience in accounting/business administration, including staff supervision. Working knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Office, and computerized accounting systems. Good oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of fund accounting desirable. Have knowledge of most recent AICPA accounting standards for non-profit organization.
Resume and cover letter should be sent to:
Yvonne Dalton, Director, Personnel Support Services
Hagley Museum and Library
P.O. Box 3630
Wilmington, DE 19807
The closing date for applications is May 15, 2018; review of applications will begin on May 1, 2018.