This position is an opportunity to gain valuable experience in finance and accounting while supporting the daily operations of a busy non-profit Business Office. The role will provide support in the areas of accounts payable, invoicing, payroll, cash receipts, and general ledger. The finance intern will work closely with the existing staff, preparing journal entries, analysis and reports, performing account reconciliations, and work on special projects using the accounting system and Excel.
- Ability to work up to 15 hours per week between 8:30 and 4:30, some flexibility with days/times
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications, including Office 365, Excel, database and other software
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible
- Recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility