Supervisor: Maintenance Mechanic II / Custodial Supervisor
Perform comprehensive custodial duties to maintain public and working areas in a clean and orderly condition. Assist with moving and storing supplies, materials, office furniture, and other heavy objects. Assist maintenance mechanic staff with routine buildings maintenance tasks. Assist Special Events personnel with setup, take down, and other custodial operations for events. Responsible for opening and/or securing buildings as assigned.
- Daily Custodial Maintenance:
- Floor care - sweep, mop, scrub, polish and wax wood and linoleum floors.
- Clean and stock lavatories.
- Remove trash and pick up litter inside and around building.
- Dust furniture, light fixtures, etc.
- Clean cooking and eating areas.
- Vacuum rugs and other areas.
- Polish metal fixtures and trimmings.
- Monitor supply closet and order custodial supplies through Maintenance Mechanic II / Custodial Supervisor.
- Move and/or store supplies and other materials delivered to loading dock.
- Provide on an as-needed basis:
- Move furniture and office equipment.
- Clean gutters on a regular basis.
- Clean exterior and interior windows; use of 40' extension ladder may be required.
- Remove snow and ice from sidewalks and public areas around building.
- Replace lights and perform other minor maintenance care of buildings.
- Shampoo rugs.
- Upon request, assist Special Events staff in setting up and taking down tables, chairs, podium, and attend to physical arrangements of event's site; may also cleanup site after event has concluded.
- Open and/or secure buildings as necessary. Must know location and operation of ADT system and monitor building for security purposes.
- Know location and operation of all safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, fire alarms, emergency exits, etc). Responsible to perform duties and handle chemicals used in buildings maintenance tasks in a safe manner.
- Other duties as assigned by Maintenance Mechanic II / Custodial Supervisor.
- Must be willing to adjust schedule to work special events on a rotating basis.
Experience in or ability to learn all facets of custodial care of buildings. Working knowledge of custodial supplies and equipment (buffers, industrial vacuum cleaners, etc) preferred. Physical ability and stamina to perform moderate manual labor for sustained periods of time. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Must possess valid driver's license and be available to work occasional weekend or evening.
Email resume/ cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org