Title: Development Coordinator
Supervisor: Director of Development
Major Responsibilities: Work with Director of Development to develop strategies and execution around restricted and unrestricted fundraising. Assist in planning events designed to encourage philanthropic support. Prepare and coordinate verbal and written communications aimed at individual, corporate, and foundation donors.
• Assist with planning and execution of the Hagley Annual Fund and Residence Fund
• Assist with planning and execution of Residence Committee events, including staffing both the annual Spring Party and New Year’s Eve party
• Assist in planning and execution of Hagley’s annual fireworks event
• Give museum and library tours
• Manage details of donor cultivation events throughout the year
• Regularly meet with donors in order to maintain positive donor relationships
• Work with business office and appropriate departments to gather information required for compliance and reporting
• Draft proposals, grant reports and other correspondence
• Work with Gift Processing and Database Administrator to ensure that records regarding gits are accurate and maintained in the Raiser’s Edge database
• Participate in major gift discussions and meetings
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
• Ability to absorb technical information from professional staff.
• Strong participant in team environments.
• Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and Excel software.
• Strong editing skills and attention to detail.
• Experience working in deadline-driven environments and ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to research prospects and evaluate potential.
• Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; some graduate training preferred. Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.