Workday assignments will include set-up, takedown, and other services for internal, public, and outside Special Events held in the library and other Hagley buildings with assistance from Special Events Assistant and PBG staff. Act as building manager for Hagley and rental clients using the library or other Hagley facilities before and after hours as well as weekends and holidays. Perform some custodial duties in service of events. Flexible schedule necessary; requires evening and weekend assignments with schedule adjustment during work week.
- Set up for events with assistance from Special Events Assistant I or PBG staff as needed.
- Set up tables, chairs, podiums and attend to physical arrangement of the site
- Provide set up and clean-up of beverage services and other refreshment.
- Assist caterers as needed with equipment and storage.
- Perform basic AV set up and troubleshooting.
- Clean up site during and after event concludes including removal and storage of tables/chairs, trash removal, and cleaning up other areas in use including floors, kitchen, and restrooms.
- Work a flexible schedule as the designated representative of Hagley Museum and Library for events taking place before during, or after regular weekday hours. Greet and assist hosts and guests of event in addition to usual duties. Proper attire and decorum required to interact with and assist guests.
- Availability to work shifts at Hagley signature events including Invention Convention, Makerfest, Fireworks, Craft Fair, and Car Show.
- Be able to secure Hagley facilities including Soda House, Library, Barn, and Visitors Center.
- Assist with moving furniture and office equipment.
- Clean event area of barn including sweeping, dust removal etc.
- Landscaping and upkeep of grounds when necessary.
- Thorough knowledge of procedures to be taken in medical, fire, or other emergency including means of contacting ambulance, fire, and police departments.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions