The Executive Assistant and Board Liaison keeps communication and events between the Board, committees, and staff running smoothly. This role is responsible for confidential administrative support to the Board and Executive Director, providing administrative support including managing calendars, appointments, conference calls, itineraries, travel, and coordinating meetings. The Executive Assistant and Board Liaison will research, compile, draft, edit, and proofread correspondence, documents, presentations, proposals, and reports, and coordinate materials to ensure the team is prepared for meetings.
A key function is to plan, monitor, and coordinate administrative projects as assigned from initiation through completion, often collaborating with other departments.
Supporting the Executive Director
• Coordinate, organize and assist with office communication.
• Coordinate and maintain the Executive Director’s schedule.
• Answer, screen and direct phone calls and messages.
• Process invoices for the department; follow through the approval process to the Business Office, ensuring a timely turnaround.
• Maintain Board and Executive Director’s files, including minutes for the Board Meetings, Executive Committee Meetings, and various Committee Meetings.
• Review and amend legal documents under the direction of the Executive Director. Review and process monthly invoices from counsel.
• Maintain the Executive Director’s contact and email distribution lists.
• Budget preparation/maintenance and general understanding of accounting financial statements (assisting with the organization and distribution to the Board)
• Schedule and provide logistical support for meetings of the Board of Trustees and its committees. Generate agendas and other materials for meetings of the Board of Trustees and its committees.
• Take and generate minutes for Board Meetings.
• Maintain Board distribution lists and contact information, send out and track annual Conflict of Interest Forms and Disclosure Forms, and update Board Information and Committee Selection Sheets.
• Maintain communications with the Board of Trustees.
• Assist in preparation of Annual President’s Club dinner.
• Provide logistical support for additional meetings at the request of the Board, Executive Director, or senior staff.
Additional Logistical and Administrative Support
• Assist in preparation for Hagley Board events as needed.
• Assist with Senior Management Team and All Staff meetings as needed.
• Working with Development Division, log donations onto donation spreadsheet.
Minimum Experience and Required Skills:
High school diploma required, bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field preferred. 2-4 years’ relevant work experience required.
• Deep commitment to our organizational values and mission.
• Previous Board Liaison experience, zoom experience and two years of providing administrative and operational support at the senior executive level, including organizing meeting minutes, maintaining calendars, and tracking expenses preferred.
• Commitment to maintaining confidential information.
• Excellent technical skills, including minute-taking, and computer software skills.
• Confident written communication, with polished professional writing, and the ability to proof-read and craft organization documents.
• Excellent verbal communications skills.
• Strong emotional intelligence, including the ability to build trust and rapport in relationships with those from diverse backgrounds, be fully accountable for the impact of actions on others, and listen respectfully.
• Superb customer service skills and attitude.
• Attention to detail, ability to juggle multiple competing priorities.
• Ability to foresee potential problems and plan contingencies accordingly.
Hagley offers competitive benefits packages and work/life balance, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 403(b) with match of 7% after one year, institution paid life insurance, and both short term and long-term disability benefits. In addition, you will receive twenty-five (25) PTO days per year including eight (8) recognized holidays and a thirty-five (35) hour work week. Employees, their families, and friends receive complimentary admission to Hagley and employees receive complimentary admission to Smithsonian affiliated institutions.