Major Responsibilities: Direct and execute all revenue-producing activities associated with the Hagley Store and the Frizzell’s Store. Major duties will include selection, display, and merchandising of Hagley store materials and supervision of financial operations for the Store. Evening and weekend work is required, particularly in setting up of special events. Cross-train for museum ticket sales. Occasionally staff the sales desk.
• Select, purchase and display merchandise appropriate for the Hagley Store, Frizzell's Store, exhibits and special events.
• Supervision of Hagley Store staff. Train staff to provide superior customer service to Hagley visitors as well as selling museum ticket and membership purchases.
• Proactively communicate Hagley calendar of events with staff to promote with our visitors.
• Prepare and send time reports of store personnel and submit to Business Office per the payroll calendar.
• Display merchandise and adapt fixtures in merchandise areas to coordinate with seasonal holidays, new exhibits, and special events at the museum.
• Responsible for preparation of records and correspondence, data entry, inventory controls, and other clerical duties related to the Hagley Store operations (i.e. process invoices for payment by Business Office, prepare daily bank deposits, and monthly reports). Perform routine business of Hagley Store including:
• Prepare and update records/computer programs related to store inventory.
• Make financial transactions for store operations.
• Use computer system to reconcile daily cash receipts with daily sales summary.
• Enter necessary information on vendors into computer system and handle routine communications with vendors.
• Work with other museum departments and obtain merchandise for their special events.
• Prepare annual budget for Hagley Store and monitor revenue and expense activity monthly.
• Compare historical sales data and be prepared to identify factors contributing to increase or decline of revenue at events, throughout exhibits, or during the course of normal operations. As a frontline leader, be prepared to share comments from our visitors which will help contribute to Hagley’s work of enhancing the visitor experience
• Coordinate web page with publications department to keep current. Supply merchandise and information for associates’ magazine.
• May be required to work the sales desk, selling merchandise, museum tickets, and memberships.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements: Five (5) or more years’ experience with all facets of retail management, preferably in gift shop or non-profit retail business. Ability to effectively coordinate, merchandise, and monitor gift shop operations necessary. Must have excellent communication and business acumen as well as ability to interact effectively with staff, vendors, and general public. Must be familiar with inventory control programs and reporting. Bachelor's in business administration, retailing or other appropriate area with advance retail training preferred.