Supervisor: Head of Reference Services
Performs duties associated with the physical storage, maintenance, and access to the library's published and archival collections.
- Assist the Reference Services and Technical Services Departments with the retrieving, reshelving, and managing of library collections.
- Move collections by van as needed between three library storage areas under the supervision of the Head of Reference Services.
- Identify needs of and enhancements to documentation and supplies related to collections maintenance.
- Ensures that collections are arranged according to Hagley's various classification systems; maintains the orderliness of collection areas by straightening, shelf-reading and shifting materials as necessary.
- Identifies materials in poor condition, labeling problems, location errors, and classification questions.
- Conduct surveys, inventories, shelf reads, preventative conservation projects, and other collections management and maintenance tasks as needed.
Working knowledge of libraries and archives and the ability to work independently with accuracy and reasonable efficiency. Ability to follow safe handling procedures for library materials. Basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Must have a valid driver’s license, be able to climb ladders, and lift up to 50 pounds.
Bachelor’s degree in history or related field and up to one year of relevant experience working in a research library, archives, or museum environment.
Salary Range: $17 - $21 per hour
Thursday, March 16, 2023