Support the activities of the Published Collections staff and the Published Collections Department. Assist the Curator with acquisitions functions including maintenance of acquisitions databases, processing, and invoicing of newly acquired materials. Assist the Technical Services Librarian with managing published collections and cataloging. Provide reference service as a member of the Reference Team, under the supervision of the Curator, Published Collections Department. Work on occasional Saturdays required.
• Assist with acquisitions functions, including: generating purchase orders; assuring receipt of materials; providing gift acknowledgments; coding invoices; ordering supplies; and creating inventories. Serve as the primary user of the archival management database to track new acquisitions at the collection level (purchases, gifts, deposits, etc.).
• Maintain and manage organization of the library stacks, including: reshelving collection items; conducting stack shifts; organizing and maintaining oversight of duplicates/out-of-scope materials; boxing and moving collections to the Hall of Records; and working with volunteers to assist with these tasks.
• Assist with reference services, including: working shifts at the library reference desk according to the desk schedule; working shifts as a floater as needed to retrieve requested library materials from the library stacks and/or the Hall of Records; and assisting with reference inquiries.
• Assist with technical services, including: copy-cataloging books; generating spreadsheets for catalog records; processing call number spreadsheets for cataloged items; moving collections to and from the Hall of Records.
• Check in and route periodical issues and volumes, initiate claims/complaints correspondence and assure receipt of issues, initiate orders for missing/lost issues or volumes, and add new issues to catalog record after routing.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Curator, including occasional Saturday work.
Prior library experience strongly preferred. Ability to perform assigned tasks competently with minimal supervision. Familiarity with EOS integrated library system and archival management databases like Archivists’ Toolkit/ArchivesSpace preferred. College degree in a relevant field. Ability to lift 40 lbs.