Supervisor: Museum Operations Assistant/Lead Bus Driver
Dress Code: Hagley logo wear, as provided, with khakis
Major Responsibilities: Under the general supervision of the Museum Operations Assistant and Lead Bus Driver, the Bus Driver will operate museum buses and provide safe and reliable transportation throughout Hagley’s property; maintain a pleasant and professional attitude and assist visitors and guides as needed. Bus Driver will also ensure that the bus is clean and in proper working condition at all times. Occasional evening driving for groups and special events. Driver must conform to Delaware Transportation Safety Regulations. This position involves working and operating buses in various weather conditions and temperatures. The position deals extensively with visitors as well as staff who interact with drivers in varying roles. This is a non-exempt, part-time position; hours will vary throughout the year.
1. Operate museum buses on a regular route and schedule in consultation with the Museum Operations Assistant/Lead Bus Driver or Visitor Services Supervisor, as well as group tours in consultation with tour deputy or guide captain.
2. Operate museum buses in an effective, efficient, and safe manner and ensure that all issues or malfunctions are reported promptly for repair.
3. Ensure the safety of all bus passengers; including the safe loading and unloading of buses.
4. Report any safety problems or unauthorized personnel on the property to the Visitor Center.
5. Respond to, and whenever possible, help resolve visitor’s general questions (not related to interpretation) and complaints promptly and in a professional manner, notifying the Manager, Visitor Services and Museum Operations Assistant/Lead Bus Driver of any issues.
6. Maintain a clean bus and assist with minor cleaning and washing of buses. Prior to starting the bus, ensure all equipment is presentable, sweep the bus and clean any interior windows as necessary. Check for any damage internally or externally. Report any issues to the supervisor on duty.
7. Maintain all vehicle accessories including but not limited to fire extinguishers, first aid kits, etc.
8. As needed, responsible for closing property. Following closing checklist provided.
9. Understand and follow all policies and procedures as outlined in Hagley Museum and Library Bus Driver Manual.
10. Maintain a positive and professional approach to special requests and schedule changes.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Visitor Services and Museum Operations Assistant/Lead Bus Driver.
Requirements: High School or G.E.D. Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Passenger and Air Brake endorsements; 2-3 years’ experience driving commercial vehicles required, preferably on buses or other large vehicles including a minimum of one-year experience driving 15,000 to 20,000 lb. bus; excellent driving record. Must have some knowledge of bus operations and equipment. Physical capacity to operate buses safely. Ability to operate the bus communication system, to interact effectively with visitors and staff, and to follow written and oral instructions. Must be neat in appearance and willing to meet Hagley Bus Driver dress code. Must be able to work weekends and occasional weekdays.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com