Supervisor: Managing Archivist - Manuscripts and Archives Department
The Processing Archivist is responsible for arranging and describing Hagley’s manuscript and archival collections according to standard archival principles. The Processing Archivist will also assist with other duties related to managing, preserving, and providing access to Hagley’s archival collections, including cataloging and reference.
- Arrange, describe, and re-house manuscript and archival collections according to standard archival principles.
- Create EAD finding aids using Archivists’ Toolkit or other archives management tool
- Create MARC records for archival collections using the library’s OPAC
- Utilize controlled vocabularies and make contributions to NACO
- Monitor developments in the library community’s move to a post-MARC environment.
Master’s in Library and Information Science or equivalent, plus some prior archival experience. Must have excellent writing and organizational skills; ability to work independently; must have valid driver’s license, be able to climb ladders and lift up to 40 lbs. Subject knowledge relevant to Hagley’s archival collections is a plus.