Supervisor: Store Manager
General Duties: The sales associate position enhances the overall visitor experience by providing exceptional customer service through skillful selling and product knowledge. The Museum Store is an extension of the museum visit and helps promote the mission and goals of the organization. This position will be scheduled on an as-needed basis with a maximum of 25 hours per week.
- Responsible for meeting the customer needs by listening, discerning what they want and knowing how to skillfully guide the customer to a sales decision; provide customers with accurate product and site information.
- Responsible for all transactions throughout each shift using the store’s POS system; performing start and end of day tasks.
- Assists in maintaining an attractive and tidy presentation of the store through routine light cleaning and merchandise replenishment throughout each shift.
- Assists Store Manager with stock deliveries, pricing, and merchandising of products.
- Participate in set-up, operation, and break down of store displays at special events—some of which will be outdoors and on uneven ground.
- Other duties as assigned by Store Manager.
Requirements: High school/equivalency degree. Strong interpersonal, phone, POS and cash handling skills; proven customer service experience and the ability to maintain a positive attitude and high level of enthusiasm; ability to communicate effectively with fellow sales associates and other museum staff; physical ability to work with merchandise on high and low shelves and to stand for long periods of time in all settings—some lifting and moving of heavy boxes required; must be able to work a varied schedule including weekends, evenings, and some holidays.