Participate in horticultural activities on Hagley property. In consultation with the Garden Supervisor is responsible primarily for the day-to-day maintenance and care of the gardens. Responsible for other specialized horticultural tasks throughout the Hagley property as assigned. Occasional weekend duty in the gardens or greenhouse may be assigned based on need. Assist in the training volunteers as assigned to assist in the maintenance of the Hagley Property.
• Daily maintenance of Upper Property and Satellite locations including mowing, trimming, planting, weeding, watering, pruning, raking, etc.
• Assist in E.I. Garden and Orchard when needed.
• Assist in Cut Flower and Workers’ Hill Gardens when needed
• Assist in Greenhouse or Nursery areas when needed
• Prune trees and shrubs on Hagley Property as assigned, in collaboration with Garden Supervisor.
• Assist in Seasonal Displays and Property Decoration
• Coordinate need for equipment, materials, and supplies with Garden Supervisor
• Assist with training and supervision of volunteers.
• Will possibly be assigned occasional weekend duty in the gardens or greenhouse to provide basic care for plants.
• Will carry out duties in a safety conscious manner and will supervise others in a like manner.
• Other duties as assigned by Garden Supervisor or Director of Horticulture.
Experience in standard horticultural practices and garden techniques required. Knowledge of plant propagation, pruning, plant physiology, and pomology a plus. Must be able to sustain moderate to heavy physical exertion with full range of body motion for extended periods of time, including lifting up to 50 lbs. Ability to work in all weather conditions. Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Valid driver's license required.
Duration of Employment:
July 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021
Hours of Employment:
Position regularly works less than 20 hours per week