Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Performing a variety of accounting functions for non-profit Business Office, including Accounts Payable, Billing, Accounts Receivable, Cash Receipts, Payroll, filing, maintaining records, and other fiscal administrative duties. Responsible for processing weekly Accounts Payable for all vendor invoices and travel and expense reports.
- Setting up and maintaining vendor records in accounting system, gathering required paperwork (W-9) and working with vendors and internal staff to resolve any payment issues.
- Match invoices to purchase orders and gaining proper approvals and general ledger coding. Enter invoice vouchers into AP system, printing aging reports and vendor checks.
- Preparing 1099s for year-end printing, making sure the IRS returns are reported accurately.
- Responsible for processing monthly and semi-monthly payroll, payroll taxes, pension, and benefit remittance.
- Updating and maintaining employee insurance deduction records and monitor related payroll changes. Maintaining strict confidential of all records and transactions.
- Preparing and distributing year-end W-2 statements for employees and preparing quarterly and year end 941 Tax Reconciliations.
- Preparing and monitoring billing invoices and accounts receivable records. Preparing bank deposits and assisting with recording and maintain cash receipts records.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (required) and one to three years’ experience.
Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) with a high proficiency in Excel and other business analytical tools.
Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving ability, with attention to detail and appropriate follow-through. Individual should be analytical with the ability to help create and processes that enhance organizational efficiency. Must be able to maintain confidentiality, work well in a team environment and exhibit trustworthiness and have a strong work ethic. Individual should be flexible with the capacity and desire to grow and learn.