This role of Office Assistant provides general administrative support to the Director and Operations Manager of Preservation, Buildings and Grounds by handling routine administrative tasks and by working on documentation, research, and filing. This Office Assistant helps with accounting activities, prepares internal reports, and participates in the administrative aspects of budget management. This is a part-time position at 17.5 hours per week for a 6-month duration.
• Reviews, logs and files invoices and quotes for the division in a system that meets standard office practices
• Assists with researching past invoices, files, spreadsheets, and other documents to prepare for grants and other funding projects
• May assist with developing/monitoring budgets and reporting financial information to the Operations Manager and Director, PBG.
• Assist with scanning and electronic filing of records as needed
• May assist with tracking supplies and equipment for the Buildings and Grounds Division
• Responsible for monitoring and transcribing fuel logs and alerting the Operations Manager or Director, PBG of any inconsistencies
• Other duties as assigned by PBG Director or Operations Manage
Minimum Experience and Required Skills:
High School Diploma/ GED Equivalent. Must possess solid office and accounting familiarity. 2-3 years of office administrative experience, bookkeeping, or equivalent experience with increasing responsibility.
• Ability to take initiative, operate independently, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Creativity and innovation to improve existing processes and define new processes
• Strong interpersonal skills including ability to build strong collegial relationships
• Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; proficiency in MS Access and SharePoint a plus
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Must demonstrate excellent judgment, discretion, and problem-solving abilities, and be able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously while meeting deadlines