Supervisor: Store Manager
General Duties: The sales associate will be responsible for performing general retail duties in the Hagley Store. These include operating computerized cash register (Retailer System), assisting visitors, maintain general appearance of store, and maintain necessary records. This position will be scheduled on an as-needed basis for a maximum of 20 hours per week.
- Responsible for cash transactions in Hagley Store including enter transactions into computerized cash register (Retailer System), make exact change, cash out and balance the days postings at end of day, and prepare cash drawer for use on next day. Using credit card system as designated to charge customer appropriately coordinating with Retailer.
- Assist visitors with selection and purchase of items; gift wrapping if requested.
- Accept deliveries and maintain accurate records of incoming merchandise; ticketing and putting merchandise in correct area or department as designated by store manager.
- Maintain overall appearance of store (e.g. - dust shelves), fill in merchandise and bring conditions requiring repair to the attention of the Manager.
- As required, open store and bring computer system online or code computer system off before closing store. Leaving desk/counter neat and communicating any information needed for the next staff person.
- Participate in annual inventory count.
- Work setting up, selling merchandise and breaking down displays at special events some of which will be outdoors on uneven ground and may have reduced connectivity. Must be prepared to manually note inventory and prepare paper receipts and charge slips as instructed by Store Manager. Ability to add sales and negotiate change without a calculator if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Requirements: High school/equivalency degree. Previous general retail experience preferred, including experience on a computerized cash register and credit card machine. Ability to interact effectively with general public. Skills required to make accurate financial transactions, maintain detailed records, and work with minimum of supervision. Physical ability to work with merchandise on high and low shelves and to stand for long periods of time in all settings; i.e. Frizzells, stockroom in Visitor’s Center and Special Events. Some lifting and moving of heavy boxes required. Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekday and weekend hours.