Visitor Services Manager
Visitor Services Assistants
The Visitor Services Supervisor leads the effort to ensure that every visitor to Hagley Museum begins and ends their experience on site in a friendly, informative, efficient environment in the Visitor Center. It is responsible for managing all on-site museum customer service issues. It is responsible for the creation and management of well-trained team of visitor services staff who are dedicated to outstanding guest relations. This position oversees the efficient operation of all admissions through the Visitor Center and assists in managing the details of group tour visits to the museum. It creates and manages the scheduling of all part time museum staff and ensures clear communication with all front-line staff daily. This position has a flexible schedule that includes working approximately two weekends per month.
- Manages daily operations in the Visitor Center including customer service, admissions, guest orientation, and troubleshooting; ensures that the Visitor Center is visitor ready at the beginning of each day.
- Manages daily communication with all front-line staff including guides, bus drivers, and volunteers; verify staffing daily and provide coverage as needed.
- Oversees the recruitment, training, mentoring, supervision, and evaluation of the Assistant Visitor Services Supervisor and all Visitor Services Assistants.
- Creates and manages the master schedule of all part time museum staff and volunteer interpreters including VSAs, store staff, and guides for daily operations, school programs, museum programs, and special events.
- Creates and manages group tour daily rotation schedule for guides.
- Manage CRM ticketing software admissions program.
- Assist Visitor Services Manager with administration of CRM ticketing system preparing reports, managing reservations, registrations, and special events.
- Serve as backup to Manager of Visitor Services to complete monthly part time staff payroll and submit to Finance Office when Manager of Visitor Services is unavailable.
- Attend monthly Car Show committee meetings seasonally, process car show registrations, compile registration reports, supervise car show mailings, coordinate with Design Manager to produce registration and informational materials for participants.
- Act as primary point of contact for all emergencies on the property during normal operating hours.
- Provides coverage for admissions desk as needed.
- Manages membership sales and special promotions in the Visitor Center.
- Checks in group tours and manages on-site group tour payments as needed.
- Compiles visitor survey/evaluation data.
- Provides attendance data as requested.
- Assists with the opening and closing of the property seasonally.
- Participates in creating the departmental operating and capital budgets.
- Other duties as assigned by the Visitor Services Manager.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, hospitality management, or a related field; minimum of two years visitor services experience including supervisory responsibilities; working knowledge of computers, spreadsheets, and database management; demonstrated excellent communications, administrative, interpersonal, and organizational skills. CPR/AED/First Aid certification. Availability to work weekends and occasional evenings.