The Volunteer Program Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, orienting, supervising, and stewarding the volunteer staff. The Volunteer Program Coordinator implements and supports volunteer engagement activities as well as updates and maintains the Volunteer Office technology database, Better Impact. The position is expected to build and maintain relationships with program staff and community partners who help supply volunteers for activities and develop training and education opportunities for volunteers.
• Communicates with all departments of the organization to identify available opportunities and needs for volunteers.
• Recruits volunteer staff to fit these roles using a variety of resources and techniques.
• Gathers information about volunteers’ skills, availability, and goals; matches volunteers with appropriate opportunities based on departmental needs.
• Schedules, coordinates, and assigns volunteers to appropriate departments, supervisors, and/or mentors.
• Regularly communicates with volunteers to ensure placement is a good fit for individuals’ skills and goals.
• Maintains files, records, applications, and other data concerning volunteer program.
• Drafts, maintains, and publishes guidelines, best practices, and procedures for volunteer program.
• Coordinates volunteer recognition and appreciation events and activities.
• Attends various events and programs throughout the year to manage volunteers.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by Human Resources Director
Experience and Requirements:
High School diploma/ GED equivalent. Preferred, Bachelor’s Degree and two years’ experience in volunteer administration. Volunteer Administration Professional Certificate or Degree a plus
Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, customer service, project management, and interpersonal skills. Be comfortable communicating and working through email, phone, via social media, mail, and in person. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Experience with Better Impact system a plus