Hagley Museum and Library offers Delaware’s best fireworks! This members-only event is held on two Fridays each June and offers spectacular choreographed aerial and ground displays.
Members can bring a picnic dinner, purchase a special Fireworks Picnic Basket from Toscana Catering at Hagley, or purchase food from one of our vendors at the event to begin a full evening of family entertainment. Gates open at 5 p.m., and our fireworks show begins at dusk.
Attendance is by reservation only, with ticket sales limited to Hagley members. Members receive an invitation in the mail in April or can opt to purchase tickets online beginning May 1.
Getting the most out of Fireworks
- What to wear? Think corporate casual; however, blue jeans, khakis, shorts, and T-shirts are acceptable.
- A raffle and silent auction of wonderful prizes is held on both fireworks evenings. Remember to bring address labels. They make filling out your raffle tickets fast and easy!
- It’s easy to enjoy great food at Hagley fireworks! Chef Dan Butler at Hagley’s exclusive caterer, Toscana Catering at Hagley, is preparing some terrific Picnic Packages. You can place your order at www.toscanacatering.com.
- Feel free to bring blankets, chairs, and coolers. Food is available on site, or you can bring your own picnic. George Malin Wraps has healthy wrap sandwiches to choose from, and Funtastic Foods will offer carnival foods form hot dogs and pizzas to burgers and fries. For dessert, try ice cream from the Creamery at Woodside Farm, Bill Thompson’s funnel cakes, or enjoy flavored ice from Kimo’s Real Hawaiian Shave Ice.
- Three Hagley Store booths offer a variety of fun, glow-in-the-dark items.
- Kid Central is open from 6 to 8 p.m. with bounce-arounds, games, and more!
- For the safety and comfort of all guests, grills, tents, torches, pets, sparklers, open flames, or fireworks of any kind are not permitted on the property. Consider bringing a flashlight to light your way when you leave the field.
Bad Weather Plans
This event is weather-dependent. If rain or heavy winds threaten on the day scheduled for the fireworks show, Hagley must decide to go forward or to postpone to one of the two rain dates early in the day. The weather forecast for the entire weekend is taken into account in making this decision for postponement. Postponement announcements will be featured on our home page as well as announced to local radio stations (KYW, WDEL, WILM, and WJBR).