Owner: John Gregg, Samuel Gregg, Jr., John Gilpin, Joshua Gilpin
Industry type: Metal works, Saw mill
Active dates: 1779-1783
Summary: Samuel Gregg Sr. deeded the 23-acre property to his son, John, on September 10, 1779. John formed a partnership with his brother, Samuel Gregg, Jr., as well as John Gilpin and Joshua Gilpin and established a forge, rolling mill, slitting mill, and saw mill at the site.
Citations: Zebley, Frank R. Along the Brandywine. Wilmington: William Cann, Inc., 1940, 143.