On November 6, 1899, the Packard Brothers debuted the Packard Model A in Warren, Ohio. Brothers James Ward and William partnered with George Lewis Weiss to create an automobile factory after complaints and suggestions for improvement that James noted about Weiss's Winton automobile went ignored by Winton Motor Carriage Company owner, Alexander Winton.
This promotional image was produced by the Packard Motor Car Company for Packard Precision, an undated (ca. 1933?) pamphlet promoting the company's engineering standards for its automobiles. This pamphlet is call number Pam 99.069 in Hagley Library's Trade Catalogs and Pamphlets collection. To view it online now in full in our Digital Archive, just click here.