Hayrides at Hagley
Families can take a hayride along the Brandywine to experience the beautiful fall foliage in the Powder Yard. Guests can create fall-themed crafts, and see a gunpowder explosion, roll mill in action, and working nineteenth-century machines.
- Reservations must be made upon arrival. Advance reservations are not accepted for this event.
- Please allow one person in your party to reserve a hayride inside the Hagley Store. Please enter through the entrance on the left-hand side.
- Maximum party size is 10 people.
- Fee for reserving a wagon is $5 for Hagley members and $10 for non-members (flat fee, not per number of riders). This is in addition to regular admission for non-members.
- Hagley encourages parties to be members of the same household.
- If guests choose to include non-household members in their party, this is designated as “high risk” by the CDC and you ride at your own risk. For more information on fall celebration safety, please visit the CDC's website here.
- All riders age 6 and older are encouraged to wear masks for the safety of those on subsequent rides.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use.
Last hayride day is Saturday, October 31.
6 other occurrences.October 11, 2020
October 17, 2020
October 18, 2020
October 24, 2020
October 25, 2020
October 31, 2020
Take a Sunday stroll at Hagley! Hagley’s property will be open to give visitors a unique opportunity to take a leisurely walk to the residence and garden, normally only accessible by bus. The 3-mile roundtrip walk to the du Pont ancestral home and back will be open for guests to wander and enjoy the beauty of the property.
This marketplace brings talented artisans from the Mid-Atlantic area to display and sell fine arts, crafts, and gourmet items. Advance time tickets required.
Have a blast during your visit to Hagley with cannon firings in the Hagley Powder Yard!
Free admission for current military members, veterans, and their families.