Industry type: Stone quarry
Location: Alapocas Woods
Active dates: c. 1940-1960
Summary: T.C. Hubbert & Co. began operating the former Brandywine Granite Company quarry site in Alapocas Woods in approximately 1940. The quarry was likely abandoned between 1954 and 1967.
Citations: Container Corporation Site: Proposed Plan of Remedial Action. Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, 1998.
Zebley, Frank R. Along the Brandywine. Wilmington: William Cann, Inc., 1940, 164.