Industry type: Stone quarry
Location: Alapocas Woods
Active dates: c. 1917
Summary: The Arundel Corporation purchased the former Brandywine Granite Company quarry site in Alapocas Woods from Stewart & Donohue in 1917. It is not known how long they operated the quarry, but they had vacated the site by approximately 1940.
Citations: Zebley, Frank R. Along the Brandywine. Wilmington: William Cann, Inc., 1940, 164.